One can add these ajwain into the dough of the rotis, parathas, matris, khakras. One can use them in dal, salad dressings, vegetables, as well as many savory preparations. In India ajwain is used to flavor deeply fried foods.
Health Benefits of Ajwain
The primary health benefits of ajwain are:
- Prevents bad breath.
- Reduces toothache.
- Beneficial for a sore throat.
- Provides relief from bronchitis as well as asthma.
- Helps get rid of indigestion.
- Prevents flatulence.
- Enhances appetite.
- Manage vomiting.
- Useful as a laxative.
- Beneficial in heart diseases.
- Effective in treating paralysis.
- Useful for abdominal pain.
- Effective in the case of liver diseases.
- Beneficial for weakness in limbs.
- Kidney malfunctioning.
- Manages mouth pile.
- Useful in controlling hiccups.
Ajwain has many medicinal benefits. It is often used in culinary dishes in India.